The skyPages module is skyBuilders content management toolset..
skyPages have all the critical features of a content management system (CMS), including:
- Content Creation (Acquisition, Aggregation, and Authoring Tools)
Content Management Proper (Workflow, Editing, Approvals, Staging, and a Repository)
Content Delivery (Live Server, Publishing, and Syndication).
Many hyperlinks below go to definitons in our glossary of terms, which will open in a new scrolling window on top of the contextual navigation panel to the left.
- Content Creation (Acquisition, Aggregation, Authoring Tools)
- Content Management Proper (Workflow, Editing, Approvals, Staging, and Repository)
- Access Permission Levels (Privilege granularity)
- Number of levels
- Per User, Per Folder, Per Role, Per file, Per Content Element
- Flexible assignments to workflow
- Creator automatic owner of content
- User subscription to workflow
- LDAP Support
- Check In/Check Out
- Workflow Messaging
- Email notifications (links to work)
- Status (stage in workflow)
- Comments at each stage
- Audit trail (workflow log)
- Arbitrary Roles (Writers, Editors, Graphic Artists, Rights Managers, Publishers, etc.)
- Chrono workflow and by worker
- WebTrends-style for whole site
- Specific monitors
- Performance (page delivery times)
- Format (text, HTML, XML)
- Database only
- Files and database
- Staging Server for QA
- Testing methodology
- Replicates publishing environment
- Content Delivery (Live Server, Publishing, and Syndication)
This includes one or more shared workspaces in "the sky" where documents can be stored and retrieved as necessary. Beyond simple file sharing, our server in the sky can control access permissions so only those files available for a particular user are visible in the File Manager.
Files on one employee's desktop or laptop can be uploaded to the shared workspace through any web browser, greatly increasing group productivity. No more wondering which machine has an important document.
skyBuilders groupware tools include unlimited special interest groups that are easy to join through the web. Each group has its own e-mail facility and threaded forums to capture critical organizational knowledge.