skyBuilders.com timeLines Hardware Requirements
- Celeron, Pentium II, III class PC, 300MHz or higher recommended.
- 128 MB of RAM (256MB or more will improve scalability).
- Adequate hard drive space and speed. 100MB of free space minimum.
UltraDMA ATA drives are fine for small organizations (20GB to 80GB are very affordable). Raided Ultra-SCSI drives are more scalable for large organizations.
- SVGA Monitor (800x600 minimum, small fonts).
- Additional PCs on the LAN
(e.g., the database server can be on a separate machine).
(e.g., the administrator can work from a separate PC).
(e.g., hourly, daily, and weekly backups of all your files to another PC).
- Two Ethernet Network Interface Cards (NICs) are desirable in each machine.
- A UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) with at least one hour running time is strongly recommended. If your power fails, your telephone lines will probably not fail, so you can still serve.
- An AC generator (gasoline or propane powered).