Web publishing tools are content management tools. You can create, maintain, and schedule your web content - web pages, presentations, data entry forms, news feeds, etc. - from easy to use web-based editing tools. skyWriter lets your staff edit web pages directly from their web browsers. Workflow messages inform Editors and Publishers that page alterations are in progress.
There are several skyPublishing modules:
- skyPages - Scheduled multilingual pages editable over the web with skyWriter. Pages include optional Forums (threaded discussions), a hit counter, and a persistent archive of all versions.
- skyForms - Web-based forms that collect data directly into the database. Forms Reports generate web pages with the forms data sorted and filtered as desired. Integrates user data.
- skyDocuments - A document manager to check in and out standard desktop application files (Word, Excel, MP3, etc.).
- skyTalks - Presentations delivered over the web, with unique timing features.
- skyGlossary - Glossary builder, with links to skyIndex
- skyIndex - Indexes the whole web site for fast searches, and presents an alphabetical index.
- skyFeeds - Content Management tool sends Page Feeds and Data Feeds into positionable page elements.
skyPages, a Web Publishing and Content Management tool to schedule HTML pages for timeLined appearance on the web. All pages are permanently archived, and can be accessed from a link on the current page. An archived page can easily be made the current page (for version control). Web-based HTML editing interface plus File Download and Upload for editing in skyWriter or your favorite HTML editor. [Check-in and Check-out for workflow control.] Pages can be password-secured and made visible only to certain users or groups of users.
Subscribe/unsubscribe to notification email functions. Emails can include the skyPage (sent at date and time of publication) or just a link to the new page. Unsubscribe links automatically appended to email.
Every page has an optional Comments in the page footer (threaded discussions). Notification email option for new Comments (can include the comment).
skyForms, a data-entry forms generation package that creates form pages with entry reports visible on the web. All forms and results are permanently databased and archived. Questionnaires/Surveys, Quizzes(with grading), Registrations/Applications, and Polls/Voting (open or secret ballots) are automatically generated, then timeLined. Reports pages are available online, and can be set to update as results come in. Linked Forms can support Web-based Training applications.
skyDocuments. A web interface to directories and files on the timeLines server that allows document sharing. Upload and download files (Word, Excel, MP3, etc.) to and from the shared storage space in the community computer. Make files public (to the organization) or keep them in private directories.
skyTalks, a timeLined Presentations program. timeLine skyPages with embedded asynchronously timeLined frames. Multimedia support including audio, video streaming, Flash, etc. Automatic advance of pages, and play of accompanying multimedia for training applications. A skyTalk with a skyForm quiz is an e-Learning application we call skyLearning.